INDA’S Technical advisory board selected the finalists from over fifty nominations.
We are proud to announce that A.Celli Nonwovens has been selected as a finalist at the IDEA 2019 Achievement Awards, a competition dedicated to brilliant innovations in the nonwovens and engineered materials industry.
A.Celli Nonwovens’ innovation falls under the category “ Equipment Achievement Award – Best new equipment introduction” with the project A. Celli Vision system (DMS 4.0), an innovation that allows the inspection of the web and to certify the roll to be free from defects: not only the defects coming from the forming process but also any other imperfection that might be added in the later stages.
Advantages of A.Celli Vision System (DMS 4.0) are:
- Detection of defects due not only to the formation of the sheet, but also to the later roll handling and web handling process.
- Verification and removal of the defects detected by the first vision system.
- Check that no longitudinal folds are formed during the slitting and rewinding process.
- Check that the strips, due to aerodynamic effects, do not skid to the right or left, compromising the flatness of the side of the reels, and therefore the quality of the reel.
- Check the quality of the cut edges in order to monitor the wear of the blades that create these cutting edges.
- Check whether a cutting unit has stopped cutting, compromising the good quality of all the reel doffing.
- Measure the width of the strips and measure the width of the "neck-in" between the various strips.
- Monitor and maintain the reel quality index consisting of the constant width of the wound web.
Voting opens online February 15th on www.nonwovens-industry.com and will be acepted until March 1st. Winners will be announced and awarded on March 27th, 9:30 am–10:30 am, during IDEA®19 that will be held at the Miami Beach Convention Center on March 25-28.
Want to vote A.Celli’s innovation? Click here!
A.Celli is on a roll!